Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yup. Still searching.

This time, from the Hardback Cafe in my local Hastings. 

I went through my Texas Workforce materials last night. My possible unemployment benefits will even out to around half what I was making before. I still have no promising leads, thought I've been applying to well more than the minimum of three I'm required to do to receive unemployment.

Dallas Morning News emailed me Monday to say they got my application and if I hear from them, it will be later this week. Obviously I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. That position is much more attractive than the Houston Community Newspapers one, in all honesty.

Today, I interviewed at a local screen printing place through a lead from the temp agency. I'd be a perfect fit if I was interested in staying for 2-3 years, so I've scrapped any hopes of that position. 

A TV station and the housing authority in Austin both should have received my applications today, and I may be sending an application to a copywriting job (also in Austin) after this update. 

I'm noting that my frustration and anger at being jobless seems to manifest itself once the sun goes down. I can be productive in my search all day long, but when it gets dark I start feeling hopeless and helpless. The materials from TWC are difficult to understand, I can't continue searching from my apartment except via my phone (which is a pain in the ass), so all I can really do is stare at the mess and wish the job search motivation translated to cleaning up when I'm unable to continue for the day.

That and I am also hungry right now. Been staring at the cafe menu since I set myself up here, my mind has been on what possible Valentine's candy may be left on sale at Walmart right now, but my desire to save every bit of money I can keeps telling me to just go home and eat some Ramen. Because that's what WINNERS have for dinner right before they go to their aikido club!

No comments:

Post a Comment