Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Amazing Opening: Applied

Honestly not sure why I keep updating this. I really don't think it's being read or enjoyed by anyone, but I do enjoy writing so I'll continue. 

Anyway, as I restarted the search today, the first thing I saw was a reporter opening in Georgetown with the company I'd applied for last summer. Score! Took me an hour to apply because I wanted the wording in my resume and cover letter to be just right, and I had to select clips relevant to the type of reporting they want, but I'd really like to hear back on this position. Georgetown isn't too far, and definitely has more to offer than Killeen. The area, from the little bit I've seen passing through, is pretty nice. Maybe a bit upscale from where I am now, but probably manageable. 

Have yet to hear from any of my applications in Dallas or Austin yet. A little bummed about it, but I guess all I can do is keep putting myself out there and wait for a call back.

To date, I've sent my application out to eleven places. Kind of low for searching for two weeks, I suppose, but I was doing temp work for the last four days, and that kind of took up a bit of time (not going to have a huge check to show for it, but whatevs). Have to go to some kind of employment briefing in regards to my unemployment tomorrow. Three hours of "here's how to write a resume" is what I'm expecting. Ugh, so not looking forward to that, but it's just to keep them happy and providing me with a tiny bit of income I guess. 

Now I am hungry. Will search a short while longer, then I will need food.


No comments:

Post a Comment