Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And Suddenly... Unemployment

I spoke with the general manager this morning. At around 9:30 a.m. on February 12, 2013, I learned my position had been cut. I am welcome to finish out the day, but budget just doesn't allow for my position anymore. 

I think I reacted well enough. I kept composure and was offered references if needed. But when I'm done today, I will be out of a job. 

This is the first time I've experienced being laid off. I am looking around for PR openings in Texas, because I'm trying to make this into something positive. My friend commented that she things good things will come of this and that I haven't been happy since I moved to Killeen. It's quite true. I am hoping to make an advancement in my professional life from this brief stumble. 

I found a few possible leads that I am noting and will follow up on tomorrow, after I look into unemployment and maybe drop off an application at Express Employment temp agency. I won't take this lying down. I am going to find something better in a better area and try to make a positive out of this.

I suppose I can join a certain "survivors" group on Facebook now. This won't only be a story of survival. I intend to thrive. I intend to advance and improve my life from this. 

But today, I will take my chances to rant, rave, and finish my last assignment for Friday. 

Thanks for all the bullshit, G-man. It only made me stronger and more aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment