Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Awesome news!

I start a new job Monday!


Yes! Actually, I got two phone calls yesterday. One from Buc-ee's, where I'd sent an application last month. They conducted a short phone interview and told me if the general manager wanted to hire me, I'd hear from them within 24 hours. The second from the staffing agency, saying that the pharmacy I'd interviewed with the week before for a cashier position had made the decision to hire me. I let the agency know my availability (where they decided to start me next Monday), and I went in this morning to go over some privacy information/laws/procedures for the company the pharmacy is run through. 

I did not get the call back from Buc-ee's, which was actually a relief. While it would have paid better and been more hours than the pharmacy position, it was going to be really hard to go from not working at all for two months to working eight hours a day on my feet again. I mean, I could do it if I had to, but it was going to be rough. Taking a part time job means I can ease myself back into the working world and probably take another part-time job for the morning if I so desired. 

It's funny, because after I called the agency to do the weekly check-in (letting them know my availability) Monday, I was talking to the dog, telling him we could use some good news, and good news came. Right when I was starting to wonder if I'd ever be considered good enough for a job again. 

On an unrelated note, Brian and I were talking about exercise on Sunday and I just had to open my mouth and tell him about the 100 push up challenge/training program I'd read about online years ago. Basically, it starts by asking you to do as many good-form push ups as you can do, then you follow a regiment to get you up to being able to do 100 consecutive push ups in six weeks.

Brian got excited about it. 

So we started the challenge with the initial test on Sunday. He got 21 good-form push ups before collapsing. I got 11 modified-style push ups (the girly ones, where you are on your knees instead of your toes) before I was done. 


Today we did the first day of the challenge. I had to do reps of six, six, four, four and then max (I made it to seven), while Brian did ten, twelve, seven, seven then max (he made it to 13). 

We have a ways to go, especially since both of us were still sore from our initial test two days ago. But doing things as a duo holds us each accountable. We will see how this progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment