Thursday, April 6, 2017

I've learned at least one thing in all this studying...

Some of you know I've been spending a lot of time studying for a pharmacy tech certification test the last few months. It's gotten really intense in the last four weeks or so and as I find myself getting closer and closer to that wire, my mind keeps wandering to all the things I'd rather be doing.

I have no plants this year.

I haven't touched the sewing machine since around last summer.

I bought a writing prompt journal for my birthday last month, and haven't picked it up once.

We've been eating a LOT of take-out and "easy prep" meals, if I cook anything at all.

Basically, I have foregone any activity that typically brings me joy or contentment in order to focus on learning allegation tables, generic drug names and classes, and the ins-and-outs of HIPAA.

And I've come to the conclusion I probably could not go back to school at this point without at least going part-time with work.

BUT! I am in the review stage of studying: noting topics that I struggle to recall and getting ready to schedule the official test. It's literally to the wire at that point and I'm so ready to get it over with I could just punt. 

I miss having free time; blogging, planning activities that don't pan out, reading, searching new recipes on Pinterest, doing generally creative things...  so I can't wait to get this test behind me so I can do them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment