Monday, January 14, 2013

Long-Delayed Update

So much for updating once a week, right? A lot of stuff has happened since Christmas eve. I'm single again. I'm looking at all kinds of vacation options for this year. My college friends came to my apartment this weekend and we all hung out Saturday (with some copious amounts of boozing). Today, I'm at work taking my first official break of the day at 5 p.m. 

I got to interview the lead singer of Shinedown this afternoon. He said something that really hit me personally, so now I'm considering going to the concert in March. Already have one friend who is on board to join me. Woo hoo. 
 

I have a city council meeting at 7 I probably won't get to stay the entirety of. But it's been a productive Monday. I will have turned in three stories by the time I leave, but I still have a lot of my weekly assignments to start/finish by Wednesday. Not to mention the special edition at the end of February I already missed the first set of deadlines for. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with that while I'm keeping up with all my new beats. 

Not to mention the fact that about 70 percent of what I write now runs on Friday. I will be very unhappy if I start getting grief for not having Sunday stories, when those deadlines are the same as one of my Friday deadlines. Blargh. 

I would really like to write more, but there are other things I'd like to do with this break, like check the GIF blogs I follow and catch up on notalwaysright.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment